Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Art project reflection

1) The processes I took for this project was testing many objects shaped in the form of G. The two that rung with me the most were the G made out of gold-bars and a hand in the shape of a G. I went with the hand because it looked the most nuanced yet simplistic design. At first I was doing a normal human hand when I realized that the hand was far too long and then I changed it into a alien hand to explain the bizarre proportions. This processes made the project a smooth experience that left me very pleased with my final product. I did not receive much peer feedback aside from a recommendation that my hand should have more vibrant colors which was very helpful. 2) 1. I created a mix of greens to create a very inhuman color that will be striking to those who look at the picture. 2. I added small face's on the fingers and a spaceship above the hand to push the alien theme even further. 3) The hardest aspect of the project was coloring for me. I would always have trouble striking the right balance of shading and color grading. The coloring processes took up at least a good 4 days of the project and proved itself to be the most challenging part of the entire assignment. 4) Yes I am very satisfied with my project. I feel it gets across an alien and goofy feeling very well while having striking colors and my sense of humor packed into it. 5) The one thing I might change about my final design is its sense of depth, while the hand looks very vibrant and striking it still feels very flat and 2D. There is minimal dimension. Final:

No comments:

Post a Comment